Trying out new jean trends: dad and split hem

Friday, October 2, 2020

It’s always difficult to know whether a fashion trend is something worth following or not. Now, 90s fashion is making a comeback in biker shorts, fanny packs, high-waisted pants, and even scrunchies.

As we look to the past for fashion inspiration, there are some trends emerging with a new twist on old looks. We just discovered a few new denim trends; split hem jeans, balloon jeans and dad jeans. 

We did a poll on our Instagram stories to see which trends others were into. Our followers overwhelmingly hated the balloon jeans and slit hem jeans, but liked the dad jeans. 

Despite the poll, I purchased the spilt hem and dad jeans! I had my reservations about the split hem at first, but as soon as I put them on I fell in love.

They fit similarly to mom jeans in that they are high-waisted and snug on the hips. They flair out at the bottom like bell bottoms and have a split on the outer ankle. These pants are made to be worn with some killer boots or sneakers! 


The dad jeans, or high-waisted, wide leg jeans have a bit of a skater feel and are so comfortable they can be worn for any occasion!

The rips make them a bit more casual, but they can definitely be dressed up or down. I’m so happy with both of these finds (and am seriously loving the disappearance of super skinny jeans)!

You can shop all three of these jeans (even the balloon ones) through our LIKEtoKNOW.it below!

3 comments

  1. Loving these styles! Thanks for the great recommendations! I’ve never tried split hem or balloon jeans before, looks really interesting! Hopefully I could try them some day soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi great idea of blogging about fashion. I prefer old fashion skinny jeans 👖. I will support u in your journey, can't wait for new article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love split hem jeans!! I hope they stay. I agree with the poll- balloon jeans are confusing to me. Great post!

    ReplyDelete